We've all heard it a million times: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And it's true! Aside from providing us with healthy vitamins and nutrients, starting the day with a well-balanced meal that supplies adequate protein, carbohydrate and fiber keeps hunger at bay and allows you to make wise choices for the rest of your meals throughout the day. Though some of us find it hard to wake up and prepare a meal, so we decide to skip all together. Well here is a great recipe that you can make ahead of time and will last you for most of the week. Plus the convenience of containing this breakfast to just one mason jar, makes it easy to grab and go. No more excuses to skip your morning meal!
Mason Jar Egg Bake
*Asparagus can be substituted with any green vegetable*
2 tsp. avocado oil
1/2 large onion
1 bundle of asparagus
10 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Slice onion to desired size. Cut base of asparagus off then cut remainder into 2-3 pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onions. Cook until browned. Add asparagus and cook for about 5 minutes (we want these to be a little crisp). Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Lightly grease jars with avocado oil. Place a portion of the vegetables in each jar. The majority of the jar should have vegetables.
- Beat eggs and divide evenly between the mason jars. Add 1 tbsp. of cheese on top of each jar and stir gently to mix.
- Place the jars on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (middle rack). Thy should be done when the tops are brown.
- Pop a lid and store or eat.